Thursday, June 29, 2006

Starting to happen

Stufflinker launched into private beta a week ago and all the initial signs are pretty exciting. Friends who I'm asking to demo the site seem to get it - and also find it useful, which is certainly two steps in the right direction.

One thing that I've always found kinda reassuring about the concept is that I actually use it myself all the time as well. If I'm out and about and need to remember to do something, or see a website address that I want to check out, all I have to do is send a text and that's it - stored.

I've been working on a couple of bits of functionality which should improve the site: there is now an extra tab on my mobile stuff for Amazon (which means if you save a title or author/artist of a book, CD, DVD etc. then you now get a context tab with images through to buy on the site). I also had a quick crack at an eBay tab before getting royally fekked off with the extremely painful process you appear to have to go through to get their API working. I'm sure I'll try it again when I'm less tired and it'll all be easy after all...

The other thing I've been playing around with is the provision of widgets and RSS of both mobile messages and web links. Seems to be working ok, but I need to think a bit harder about the public/private settings for these to make sure it all works coherently...

I'll put a "we want" and "I've done" list on the developer pages of stufflinker shortly - please feel free to use the contact form to suggest further improvements.

Last, and actually the most important thing of all - I'm starting to get quite a lot of traffic and emails through the site. It has been on the MOMB - see http://momb.socio-kybernetics.net/invitation/stufflinker as well as BuzzShout - see http://www.buzzshout.com/listing.php?name=stufflinker - two of my favourite websites for tracking new launches. So cheers, guys..

1 Comments:

Blogger Juvenell Tagaban said...

nice information. :)

Child Care

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home